This menu page links to the basic information you will need to know when you become a participant Figure Skater. For more background information, you will also want to check out the Learn to Skate, Recognize Elements, Rules & Regs, and IJS/6.0 pages.
Common Reference Information
- An Introduction to Figure Skating
- About Levels and Testing
- Ice Etiquette and Safety Guidelines
- Boot and Blade Care -- Taking Care of your Skates
- Clothing Guidelines
- A Parent's Responsibilities
- Your Relationship with Your Pro
- Certification of Skating Instructors
- Figure Skating Associations -- USFSA, ISI, PSA, ISU, etc
- USFSA Regions and Sections -- [Table] [Map]
- What are all those Skating Moves?
- Table of Relative Jump Difficulties
- Amateur or Professional?
- Air Travel with Skates
- Competitions - What to Expect as a Skater
- Typical Competition Events
- Types of Competitions - Qualifying/NonQual, Basic Skills, etc
- Progression of Qualifying Competitions
- Competition Checklist - What to pack when you go
- What do I do IF... ?
- What if I Fall ???
- What makes a Gold Medal Program?
- Tips for Cutting Good Music